Menu Display Options
Set Up & Onboarding
The settings page, which is available to all admins provides quick links to the main areas of functionality.
- Quick links to all areas of membership management
- At-a-glance data on the number of members, plans, subscriptions & more
- All information updated in real-time
Menu Display Options
Menu Display Options allows you to configure Memba CRM to display certain features to your members from admin settings. Not all features need to be activated. You can choose to switch on or 'off' the following features (show companies, show members, show news, show events, show forum, show documents, show smart groups, show help).
- Choose which features you will enable for members
- Ten menu items can be switched on or off (but admins still have access)
- Choose which notifications you'd like to be enabled
Administrators can create membership plans and once created, can then subscribe their members to these plans.
The first thing you will want to do is to decide whether or not you intend to take online payments. The process for creating plans is slightly different, depending on whether or not online payments is enabled.
Most organisations will prefer the simplicity and ease of taking membership subscriptions online. It's quick and easy to set up and we can help you every step of the way.
Check out the video on integrations, for getting set up with Stripe payments.
When creating or editing a plan with offline payments, you give the plan a name and duration, set a fee and payment schedule (monthly, annual or one-off). If you opt to take membership payments online (via the Stripe integration), additional information and reports will be available to you. Membership expiry is controlled automatically and two reports are available to you that show expiring members.
- Choose from online or offline payments
- Create custom membership plans
- Automatic expiry control
- Reports keep you up to date
- Stripe integration is quick, simple and efficient
In addition to Memba's built-in fields, you can customise member records by adding unlimited custom fields.
With custom fields you have powerful control over the content you capture. This means full control over the fields and data types for your organisation, your members and the companies they work for.
Field types supported
- Option Sets
- Geographic Place
Once you've created your custom fields, these become available and editable on your member profiles and company profiles.
Set Up & Onboarding
We've made the set up and onboarding process, super-simple!
When you first sign up to Memba, you can quickly configure the software to suit your organisation's needs.
You can import existing data, set preferences for what your members can see or do and enable online payments and third party integrations.
Let's get started!
- Set your organisation name
- Choose whether to enable online payments
- Set whether your organisation has individual or company memberships
- Choose whether or not to provide portal access to members
- Switch features on/off for members
Subscriptions can be handled online or offline.
Before you can subscribe your members you need to have at least one plan set up. See the tutorial on plans to get started.
Heads up! The subscriptions view is different, depending on whether or not you've enabled Stripe payment plans. For more information on this, check out the tutorial of setting up Stripe.
When your members are signed up, they will be automatically subscribed to a plan of their choosing. These could be monthly, annually or a one-off payment. On the subscriptions page, you can filter the list of subscribers by plan name or price, or use the search box to type a member's name. Clicking on any member name in the list, will take you to their profile page, where you can "manage plan", enabling the admin or the member to change plans.
Extend the power of Memba with these built in integrations
Memba currently offers two integrations 'out of the box' but more can be added on demand.
Integrating Memba with your other software providers can be a great way to save time by automating tasks and cutting down on duplicate work and errors.
- Mailchimp (integrate Mailchimp audiences and automatically add new members to your Mailchimp lists)
- Stripe (take online membership payments and recurring subscriptions)